Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Pyjama Wearers R Not Us


There is one story in this week newspapers which I cannot possibly ignore. In case you're not aware of it, Tesco has banned pyjama wearers from visiting a particular store. The offenders, young mums, claim that they do not have time to get dressed before taking the kids to school. Now, everyone (pyjama wearers, I presume) are criticising Tesco for taking things too far, and that wearing your pyjamas whilst doing your grocery shopping is not offensive.

To be quite honest I don't care whether people find it offensive or not. What horrifies me is that these people claim they don't have time to get dressed before taking their kids to school. Well, surely the answer is obvious? Get out of bed earlier! I think it is a pathetic excuse and not only that but surely anyone who has a bit of self respect would not take their kids to school wearing pyjamas let alone stopping off at the supermarket. And what sort of lesson are they teaching their children? Are they going to turn into a breed of pyjama wearers who don't bother getting out of their jammies at all?

Besides, if they genuinely don't have time to get dressed themselves (although the only reason for this is laziness and bad organisation) surely it can't be that hard to just throw on a pair of tracksuit bottoms and a jumper? At least then you'd look half decent.

Quite frankly I get embarrassed if I have to open the door to the postman wearing my pyjamas, and I certainly do not cross the threshold wearing my much loved jammies, not even to take the bins out or when I've left my brush in the car.

I love my pyjamas and on more on one occasion I have gotten changed into them after a long day. But just because I love my jim jams it does not mean I'll be doing my supermarket shop in them anytime soon.

Personally, I think Tesco's got it right. These people need some motivation to get their lives in order, and they obviously don't think much of themselves if they can't even be bothered to get dressed before they leave the house. By banning this lazy breed of people, at least someone is giving them some sort of motivation to at least change out of their pyjamas before nipping out for the milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment